In this article, we look at business analysis / analysts, why businesses should have one, and we share a few tips to follow in business analysis, key activities that business analysts perform, and why businesses are hiring business analysts. So many people talk about business analysts, but do not really say what they do and how they do it. It is unfortunate as business analysts form a key part of business, and every business should have one or access to one.
A business analyst is a person who process, product, services and software through analysis of data. Their role is to ensure business efficiency increases through their knowledge of both IT and business functions. They also evaluate past and current business data with primary goal of improving decision-making process with organizations.
Firstly, lets define what business analysis is?
Business analysis is the discipline of recognizing business needs and finding solutions to various business problems. In simpler terms, it is a set of tasks and techniques that work as a connection between stakeholders, which help them, understand organization’s structure, policies, and operations.
Why you need analysis as a business?
Business analysis is conducted to get an overview of the current state of your company, and identify your business needs. Most often, the analysis is performed to state and confirm solutions, which meet business needs or goals.
Eight steps to follow in Business Analysis…
- Get oriented;
- Identify the primary objectives of the business;
- Define the Scope of your Business Analysis;
- Create your business analysis plan;
- Define the requirements in details;
- Supporting the technical implementation;
- Help the firm apply the solution; and
- Study the value created by solution
The key activities that business analyst performs are:
- Devising strategies;
- Driving changes; and
- Facilitating stakeholder collaboration
Why companies are hiring business analysts?
- Business analysts make digital transformation easier by bridging the customer developer gap in digital transformation projects.